Prepare Free Your Mississippi State Tax Filing 2015 – 2016
Free tax filing online is very suitable to file your Mississippi income tax return using free tax preparation software. Just complete the forms given by the system entering your detail without errors. As you go through the step-by-step guideline, you will complete your Mississippi income tax return preparing without trouble free and your tax return filed within few minutes. Your task will become very easy. You can file online Federal tax and state tax at your convenience.
Basically 3 options to get your Mississippi state tax refund online.
Tax payers can either allow the government directly deposit your income tax refund into bank account, have a check mailed to you, or apply your tax refund to next year’s income tax.
- Mississippi state tax filing electronically or online is a best option when you expect a refund check. IRS can process your tax return and matter tax refunds much faster than if you mailed a paper return.
- Filing and preparing your Mississippi state tax directly from your own computer will cost you much less than going to an income tax professional.
Get Mississippi State Tax Filing Form 2016
We are providing to you all the necessary forms of Mississippi tax return 2015 for online state filing. All the required forms are available from our site. We are also providing detailed instructions on the filing of the Mississippi tax returns and also provide instructions, except for the simple forms, that may be easy to complete.
Mississippi 1099 Rules | E-File MS 1099’s
Looking for Mississippi 1099 Filing Requirements?
- File the following forms with the state of Mississippi: 1099-MISC and 1099-R.
- Filing due dates: File the state copy of form 1099 with the Mississippi taxation agency by March 31, 2016.
- Reporting threshold: If you file 25 or more 1099 forms with Mississippi you must file electronically.
The Mississippi (MS) state sales tax rate is currently 7.0%.
Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 7.25%.
Mississippi was listed in Kiplinger’s 2011 10 tax-friendly states for retirees. Prescription drugs and health care services are exempt from sales taxes and social security and qualified retirement income is exempt from income taxes. Properties are taxed on 10% of the assessed value with a senior exemption for the first $75,000 of value.
Mississippi 2015 Tax Updates
The Mississippi state tax code was updated in 2014 to allow for two new tax credits on the individual income tax return: one for contributions to support Pre-K programs, and a second for the relocation of a corporate headquarters to Mississippi.
Mississippi continues to offer credits for adopting a child and for long-term care premiums and deductions for educational savings accounts and National Guard members, among many others. Our simple interview process will guide you to ensure you’re getting the credits and deductions you’ve earned this year.
Supported Mississippi Tax Forms
FreeTaxFilingUSA supports the following Mississippi forms:
- Form 80-105
- Form 80-106
- Form 80-107
- Form 80-108
- Form 80-160
- Form 80-205
- Form 80-401
- Form 80-491
- Form MS8453