Prepare Free Your Maine State Tax Filing 2015 – 2016
Free tax filing online is very suitable to file your Maine income tax return using free tax preparation software. Just complete the forms given by the system entering your detail without errors. As you go through the step-by-step guideline, you will complete your Maine income tax return preparing without trouble free and your tax return filed within few minutes. Your task will become very easy. You can file online Federal tax and state tax at your convenience.
Basically 3 options to get your Maine state tax refund online.
Tax payers can either allow the government directly deposit your income tax refund into bank account, have a check mailed to you, or apply your tax refund to next year’s income tax.
- Maine state tax filing electronically or online is a best option when you expect a refund check. IRS can process your tax return and matter tax refunds much faster than if you mailed a paper return.
- Filing and preparing your Maine state tax directly from your own computer will cost you much less than going to an income tax professional.
Get Maine State Tax Filing Form
We are providing to you all the necessary forms of Maine tax return 2016 for online state filing. All the required forms are available from our site. We are also providing detailed instructions on the filing of the Maine tax returns and also provide instructions, except for the simple forms, that may be easy to complete.
Maine 1099 Rules | E-File ME 1099’s
- File the following forms with the state of Maine: 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, 1099-OID, 1099-PATR and 1099-R.
- Filing due dates: File the state copy of form 1099 with the Maine taxation agency by March 31, 2016.
- Reporting threshold: If you file 250 or more 1099 forms with Maine you must file electronically.
The Maine (ME) state sales tax rate increased to 5.5%, effective October 1, 2013.
The rate for prepared food, lodging and liquor is now 8%. Food and prescription drugs are exempt.
Maine was listed in Kiplinger’s 2011 10 Tax-Unfriendly States for Retirees.
You have the rates, now it’s time to automate!
Maine 2015 Tax Updates
Maine Revenue Services made only a few changes to the tax code this year – you’ll notice they affect your deductions in a positive way.
If you itemize your deductions and include medical expenses, those will not be included in the maximum deduction amount that Maine implemented last year with itemized deductions. Now medical expenses are deductible above & beyond the itemized deduction threshold of $27,950. Also, you will notice significant changes to the Property Tax Fairness Credit this year, including new income requirements and doubling the amount of the credit! Finally, if you qualify for the Pension Income Deduction, the maximum deduction has been raised from $6,000 to $10,000.
Maine left everything else alone meaning most credits have remained the same this year as well as tax rates. Aside from the changes to deduction amounts, you shouldn’t see any big changes to your return for 2015.
Supported Maine Tax Forms 2016
FreeTaxFilingUSA supports the following Maine forms:
- Form 1040ME
- Schedule CP
- Schedule PTFC
- Schedule 1
- Schedule 2
- Schedule A
- Schedule NR
- Worksheet A
- Worksheet B
- Form 1040ME-PV
- Form 1040ME-ES